20 Oct PlayToTV launches The HomeCoach of The Voice
Talpa’s world most popular talent show started in the Netherlands and has expanded over 40 countries worldwide. Its social interactive app is internationally serviced by Ex Machina’s PlayToTV platform in the Netherlands, Canada, Finland and Belgium.
It’s the purest vocal talent competition ever. Four coaches – the country’s top recording artists – seek out the nation’s best vocal talent. In this innovative primetime contest, looks or stage presence don’t play a role as all coaches are seated with the back towards the stage. This show is all about real talent; it’s all about The Voice.
After a successful first season in the Netherlands, Talpa took their ‘next generation in its genre’ talent show to a new level by launching an interactive, social app ‘The HomeCoach’ – using Ex Machina’s PlayToTV platform. The predictions and opinions from this second screen app became an integral part of the show, providing deeper program engagement as well as strengthening the sponsor’s strategy.
Facts & figures
- Most extensive companion app built for any TV game show to date: creating engagement beyond the actual broadcast
- 650,000 downloads in the Netherlands
- 10% premium votes via app in the Netherlands
- more than 10 million games played in The Netherlands
- iOS & Android native apps, HTML5 webapp suitable for laptop, tablet and mobile
- Instant second screen statistics fed into TV show
- Key customized interaction types: voting, trivia, predicting
- Facebook and twitter integration
- Second screen throughout the show and related play along throughout the week with exclusive sneak previews and predictions
- Supported live and powered by Ex Machina’s PlayToTV